D, an Overseas Filipino Worker, was on his way home to the Philippines after working for so many years in the Middle East. He had saved ₱100,000.00 in his local savings account which he intended to use to start up a business in his home country. On his flight home, tragedy struck as a suicide bomber blew up the plane. All the passengers, including D, died. He left behind his widowed mother M; his common-law wife, W, who is the mother of his twin sons, T and S; and his brother, B. He left no will, no debts, no other relatives, and no other properties except the money in his savings account.
Who are the heirs entitled to inherit from D and how much should each receive? Explain. (5%)
The heirs of D are:
1) M, the widowed mother; and
2) T and S, the illegitimate children.
They shall receive the following:
1) Php50,000.00 – to M, the widowed mother;
2) Php25,000.00 – to T, an illegitimate child; and
3) Php25,000.00 – to S, an illegitimate child.
Already a subscriber? Log in below. Not yet a member? Subscribe.